Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pictures and Movies

We had a good Easter break. Friday was a public holiday in UK. I thought it was a holiday everywhere, but infact I found out that the French still had to work. We spent Friday stocking up on provisions for the weekend. The weather stayed really fine all weekend.

On Saturday we went to Butterfly World. I was a bit concerned that BUtterfly World might be a bit crap, but in fact, we had a pretty good time. Just £4 buys a ticket to the butterfly sanctuary, which is a big tropical greenhouse full of butterflies, unsurprisingly. They also have carp ponds and reptiles. Dumpy wasn't keen on the heat and humidity, but he did have a good time trying to catch butterflies.





On Sunday we went to the Swindon to Cricklade Railway and took a ride on the steam train. This was a really good day out. They only have about 2 miles of track, but £4 buys a ticket to ride backwards and forwards as many times as you like. They also have a workshop where they restore equipment, and somewhere to eat. We had lots of fun. The thing I liked most about it, was the fact that it wasn't over-restored. There were bits of old train lying all over the car park, and the odd window was missing from the carriages. It's entirely run by volunteers and funded by donations. You can get married there as well if you want.





Yesterday we went to see a real working windmill, at Wilton. Sadly, it wasn't actually making flour while we were there, but on June 9th we will go back and then they should be actually grinding. It was still great to visit the mill and we had a tour which started at the very top and finished on the gallery at the bottom. There were four floors with steep steps between each. I managed to navigate these steps with a child strapped to me. There were several gasps from onlookers, but it wasn't too difficult.





Finally, I present to you a short movie I have made in celebration of Dumpy's first birthday.









*Edit - I just discovered that my embeddign doesn't work with the Firefox browser. So, until I get around to ficxing that, click here to load the movie manually.

Oh, and one other thing, happy birthday to my brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home