Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I've seen his penis

We spent the morning at the hospital having our 4D scan. I can confirm that it is a boy. I've seen his penis. I was a little concerned after the last visit that he wasn't going to have a full set of equipment and was destined to make an arbitrary decision about his gender. It seems however that he does have all the nuts and bolts and my worries were therefore unfounded. I'm not going to show you his penis of course, we don't endorse that type of thing here, but here is a picture of his face for you.



My brother, I am reliably informed is eccstatic, as are the grandparents. I am too of course. It's about 25 weeks now and weighs 700g. That's about normal I understand. I've been told he has a big nose. I thought that was a little unkind. It appears however that the oriental medical staff here are only used to little oriental noses. I think he has a fine nose.

In other news, I see that Terry Wogan has been given a knighthood. Now I have nothing against Terry Wogan, but what has he actually done? He's vastly over paid for doing a job that would be very easy for anyone with a huge ego. I suggest we adopt a new rule when honouring people. I suggest we only allow people who don't wear wigs to get an OBE or higher. That way we eliminate all the divas and self obsessed narcissists like Elton John, Paul Daniels, Bruce Fawcythe, and of course, Wogan. I think it would make the honours list far less embarrassing to people viewing it from overseas. I think I'll e-mail her Maj tonight with my thoughts.

ITV has agreed to buy the Friends Reunited website for 120 million pounds. I think the site is pretty awful now. When it was free I actually paid a subscription. When they started making the site useless for people that didn't want to buy a subscription, I stopped renewing mine. I'm not a fan of extorsion measures. All this makes me think that 120 million is a huge amount of money to pay for the site. I'm prepared to bet that the company has no assets to speak of.

Anyway, I'm off to get some sleep. I'm tired and I have a headache.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Richard said...

Congratulations, and celebrations!

I'm sure his nose is fine.

Friends Reunited - their assets are their customer base. Though I too am a one-time-paying customer who never really looks at the site these days. 120 million seems like a rediculous sum to pay for it.

 
At 11:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to disagree on Terry Wogan. His ego is quite inspiring and helps to wake me up every morning on my drive to work...I don't care, however, about if he's Sir or not. if knighthood's office has nothing better to do, let them hang their medals on whatever chest they fancy...if his jokes change from that, THEN I'd support you ;-) [~hmmm...maybe this is TOG speaking in me?]
Congratulations on ...errmmm...penis(?!) LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home