Monday, November 21, 2005

Out of work

Well I am now officially out of work. It's just a bit frightening. One hopes that finding a new job won't be too difficult. I've applied for a couple of things but the fact that I am 6,000 miles away and not able to interview until just before Christmas is probably, I hope, significant. If all else fails I can try to sell the book.

Nothing very exciting happened at the weekend. I had to work on Saturday morning of course. That wasn't very interesting. I actually did some real work and produced 8 pages of Illustrator Quick Start Guide for a portable media player.

First Monday off work, today, has been feeling all wrong. The shops were quiet because normal people were working. The trains weren't crowded because it wasn't rush hour. We did a little CHristmas shopping, but we still haven't finished of course. The Dragon doesn't understand Christmas because they don't celebrate it here. She is trying to buy everyone in UK a Christmas present.

Yes Jim, I was joking about calling the baby Herbert. I stil like Humphrey though. Actually however, I'm still not sure what sex it is, and both those names would be unacceptable for a girl.

I have to mention that Lord John Stevens has been suggesting that the death penalty is returned to the UK after a police woman was shot this week in Bradford during an armed robbery. Bear in mind ladies and gentlemen that this idiot was the one that instigated the shoot to kill policy for the met police that resulted in the death of a completely innocent man shortly after the summer terrorist activity in England. It's the same guy that then lied on national TV about having informed the PM that the policy was in place. I don't necessarily disagree with the death penalty, but Lord John Stevens is in no position to make this kind of statement and should do the world a favour and shut the fuck up!

Gary Glitter has managed to get himself arrested again on child sex charges. I had some sympathy for this guy the first time he was jailed. He was never accused of touching a child and as far as I can tell, his only crime was doing weird stuff like pasting his own head on pictures of naked children. However, he is now accused of abuse with a 12 year old girl (allegedly). I have no symapathy this time. Come on, if you're accused once, stay away from children, what's the matter with you man?
Click.


George Best id very sick indeed. I'm sorry, I liked George. Not always a gentleman, but always a character. I hope he pulls through. Click.

The hunting problem in England and Wales continues. As predicted right here in this journal, the ban is unworkable. Most hunts are continuing to go out. Most are operating vaguely within the law, depending on how it is interpreted. You'd think that would make everyone happy, but no, the anti hunt dorks have turned to terrorism now in an effort to destroy a centuries old tradition. The Essex and Suffolk hunt was the victim of an arson attack and all their horses and hounds were set free. And this is the work of animal lovers. Knobs! Clcik.


Stats for me!

1 Comments:

At 1:21 am, Blogger Richard said...

Both Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson seem to have the same problem - not realising when to quit.

This would be my ideal Christmas present, but sadly they're not expecting to have any out until next year. Zubbles

There's a good story (I thought) about the development of said Zubbles on the Popular Science site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home