Saturday, November 12, 2005

Wrath of God

I can't believe that All Your Base has managed to miss the point so comprehensively for a second time even after an explanation in words of one syllable. I guess it's just not possible to get through to some people. I'm not going to waste any more time on this. He can go tread his "path of wisdom" and see what he finds. I'll go and walk my own.

I know I don't usually get around to writing anything here at the weekend but I wanted to mention Patrick Litchfield who died of a stroke yesterday. He was a great photographer and I'm sorry he's gone.

I also want to mention Pat Robertson. I don't know much about this guy other than he is an evangelical christian and that he called for the assassination of Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. Good Christian sentiment there. Yesterday however my boss (American) pointed me in the direction of a news report about Robertson telling the people of Dover, Pennsylvania, ""If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just voted God out of your city." Why did he tell these people this? Because they were smart enough to remove the school board that voted for Intelligent Design to be taught alongside evolution in science classes. You couldn't make this stuff up now could you.

I say we do a survey across America and see if the states that rejected ID are more or less like to be affected by natural disasters. You want to sponsor that one Pat? Hello... Pat?


Stats for me!

1 Comments:

At 2:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have been absolutely clueless that such thing as intelligent design even exists! After educational googling first impression: intelligent design has been developed for those, who unable to comprehend biology on a school level… very interesting, indeed…but I haven’t seen any references on where ID has been accepted and where not to check your (or rather Pat’s) theory. (I’d love to find this out!)
Among other related news, came up slightly disturbing one: Members of pastor Fred Phelps' Kansas church have been protesting at military funerals in Oklahoma and other states, saying the fallen soldiers were punished for defending a country that harbors gays…does sound scary, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home