Monday, November 07, 2005

Broke

The weekend was expensive but productive. We paid for air tickets, which put a serious dent in finances as one might expect, but we are now scheduled to fly back to UK on Dec 15. It's the end of an era. I also bought and fitted a new video card which has solved my PC problem, and a pair of totally fabby cordless headphones for my Grandfather in law so he can listen to the TV (he's very deaf). Also bought a new battery for the dragon's cell phone. All in all, not much change out of NT$50,000. That's a lot of money.

I also managed to bring my NaNoWriMo word count up to over 13,000. Go check out my author profile. There are another 4,000 words to go on there that I can't count because they were written before 1 Nov.

Actually the novel writing started badly on Saturday morning with two, yes two, power cuts. I didn't lose anything luckily enough. I also managed to slice open my finger with a craft knife while attempting to open a Chinese water chestnut. Long story, don't want to talk about it.

New Harry Potter film has premiered in London and is being thoroughly hyped. Still looking forward to it.

Going to hospital tomorrow for a scan of the baby. Check back tomorrow for update on gender.

That'll do for now. Got to get another 2,000 words down today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home