Monday, November 14, 2005

Fumbling

I forgot to mention that it's nice to see January Girl and Miss Tick, who used to read this drivel when it was still on Dear Diary, are leaving notes on the new page. I notice also that even Abby, the most unshakable Christian I know, thinks Pat Robertson is an idiot. Nice new dog by the way Abby. I like the doberman.

Over the weekend, there have been further riots in France, a woman who appears to be a failed suicide bomber from the Jordan hotel bomb attacks has appeared on TV, and a giant truffle has been sold in italy for 95,000 Euros, that's 64,000 pounds, or $112,000 US.

I'm going to be flippant about the female suicide bomber, sorry. We keep hearing reports that suicide bombers believe they will be rewarded in heaven with 72 virgins if they die for the cause. I don't pretend to understand the cause, but from a purely male perspective, the 72 virgins might have an appeal. For a woman though, surely it's a bit different. How many women want 72 fumbling male teenagers pawing them?

Sony has stopped making anti piracy CDs. Are you listening All Your Base? I'm eccstatic that Sony has made this u-turn because it's a victory for the consumer.

A British man has apparently managed to cure himself of HIV infection. I don't know what to make of this story, I'm still thinking about it. The AIDS charities are already fairly dismissive of this and questions have been asked about whether there was a mix up with the original diagnosis. I've always been concerned that there never seems to have been a very strong link between the virus and the disease. There have also been claims of AIDS patients recovering before, but this looks to be a more reliable case than anything that has gone before. Read the report here.


Stats for me!

3 Comments:

At 4:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Pat Robertson's head is a giant truffle, devoid of any intelligence and should be lopped off and sold.. But that is only MY opinion.. Oh.. And the baby is so cute.. I think.. It's hard to tell at this stage..

Had to get caught up because, of COURSE, this would be the week you choose to be most active, ever... Just got back from a sunny, sandy honeymoon cruise.. YAY BOOZE!

Note: It was actually MY honeymoon, not some random stranger's we tagged along for.

 
At 9:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi to you too :-) you're interesting to me in particular, as certain things you write are similar to my own opinion. besides, you are kinda in the same situation, as me - foreigner living abroad, only I'm living in your country :-) it is always fascinating, that we can compare different lifestyles and find them so similar...it is especcially interesting to see how brit manages in the land of strangers...:-p
as for female suicide...well, it is a known fact, that in chechnya when a man died as martir, his gang would kidnapped his wife or girlfriend, rape her, drug her, whatever, then persuade her for suicide, as there is no way to live for muslim women in such circumstances...very few female suiciders do it "for Faith"...

 
At 12:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...a well known fact"? I'm suspicious whenever I see these words. I'm curious to know your sources of such information, miss tick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home