Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bertie Botts

So election day is upon us and I notice that the BBC has amended its 10 point Labour lead to a three point Labour lead. Where did that 10 point lead come from? It would seem that the little graph bears no mention of it anymore. Seems suspicious to me. I hope to God that Blair loses, but I fear he will win. You have no idea how much I hate that man.

The prosecution has wound up its case in the Michael Jackson trial. I can't decide whether I think he did it or not. Nearly all witnesses for the prosecution already appear to be in various legal battles wih MJ over money or unfair dismissal. He must be a pain in the arse to work for, but whether or not he's done anyting illegal remains to be seen. Why do they keep bringing up his financial situation? What's that got to do with anything?

I've been reading a few reviews of the new Hitchhikers Guide movie and it's really not easy to find anything nice written about it. I'm seriously considering not seeing this film in case it ruins memory of the books, radio, and tv series. From what I understand, so much of the original story is missing or changed that it's going to upset anyone who grew up with it. I must say, the pictures I saw of Marvin left me dissapointed. He looks like a toy. Here's a review I read yesterday in case you're interested.

I can accept that things sometimes have to be left out of films to get everything in, but making changes to something with a cult following like HHGG is unforgiveable. This is what happened to Thunderbirds. I was looking forward to it, but then decided not to see it when I discovered that Lady Penelope was driving a Ford and Scott Tracey's age had changed. You can't do that to something classic. It's like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa with a bingo marker.

I'm so much in two minds about this now. I need to sleep on it. Meanwhile, have a look at the HHGG website. That's something that I discovered yesterday and I can confirm that at least the site is cool. Click.

And on to something else. The dragon came home with a present for me last night:

Bertie Botts every flavour beans. I didn't even know these existed beyond the confines of the Harry Potter novels, but apparently they do, and there really are some quite exotic flavours in there. In addition to apple, cherry, and a few other conventional flavours, there are booger (that really should be boogey since it's British), dirt, earthworm, soap, vomit, earwax, and spaghetti. And what's more, these things really do taste authentic. Actually, I've never eaten an earthworm, but the soap and dirt in particular are very soap and dirt like. A word about the vomit flavour, it's frighteningly like the real thing, don't try it, it made me feel ill, really. I was disappointed withthe earwax, nasty , but not really accurate.

And finally today, here's a picture of the gate to our new apartment building. I like it, funky isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home