Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Agonising Backache

First off let me tell you I have agonising backache. Actually I think it might be shoulder related. It's agonising anyway, that's the important point. And it's behind me. I think I'm going to have to call the doctor. It's not getting better. I'm going to take painkillers when I get home.

The long Easter weekend was great. It has meant I'm having to work like a loony because it coincided not only with month end, but also quarter end. BUt it's better to be busy than idle I suppose. Over the break we visited Farleigh Hungerford Castle, which is a ruin about an hour from our home. It has a 600 year old chapel and a crypt still standing, and there are bodies in lead coffins in the crypt, so it's quite cool.

You know something that really pisses me off? I'll tell you, pot smokers. I was outside Sainsbury's the other day with the boy and a couple with a child went wandering by sharing a joint. They didn't give a toss. Why can't these dickheads piss off and be disgusting in private? I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own home, they don't have to stand in the supermarket doorway being antisocial. Makes me so mad. The police don't seem to care.

Here's a story from the news that interests me. A crowd of women have paraded topless through Portland, Maine in protest at double standards. Apparently they want to be able to walk shirtless in public like men. The thing is, they can. It seems that nudity laws in maine allow women to go topless already, they simply choose not to. What exactly is the protest against? The organiser, Ty MacDowell, 20, appears either to be unbelievably naive or just thick, I can't decide which. She apparently expressed surprise that men turned up to watch. She is quoted as saying, "I'm really upset by the men ... watching it like it's a parade."

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday morning and they had wheeled out Neil Kinock, the Welsh Windbag, to comment on the impending election. I'd like to point out by the way that I predicted a May 6th election back on 5th January. Anyway, predictably Neil was singing the praises of the Labour Party. But when asked why Gordon Brown never once uttered any warnings about unbridled spending and borrowing in the boom years, Neil said, "well name one politician, apart from Vince Cable, who did". So I think we can assume from that that Neil wil lbe voting Lib Dem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home