Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What the papers say

I forgot to pay my stupid credit card bill this month. It was due yesterday. I know this because the stupid credit card company just called me and bearated me. I get fed up with the bastards. I pay the bill every month, I'm a good customer. Well technically I didn't pay this month, but it was only a day late, and it is paid now. And if their bloody on-line payment system worked occasionally, I'm sure I would pay more promptly. I hate my credit card. I may change it for another one.

We have to try and get the floor laid in the new bedroom this week. If we can do it we have half a chance of getting the boy in there before his birthday. It's nearly painted. I have to board up the floors inside the eves cupboards before the floor goes down. I'm really looking forward to doing the floor. I don't know if we can finish it over the weekend though.

All the british newspapers are today alive with the news that President Sarkozy and his glamourous wife are both having affairs. It would seem that she has become close to a very pretty boy singer, six years her junior. He appears to be hosing his ecology minister, a tall. slim and very elegant 40-year-old. There is some speculation that her affair is real, but that his was engineered so that he would look more like a bit of a player, and less like a jilted, middle-aged man who married a a wayward trollpe. This interesting theory is put forward by the excellent Toby Young in the Telegraph this morning.

Apparently Carla Bruni is Monsieur Sarkozy's third wife. He married her, in some haste it would seem, after his second wife ran off with some swanky advertising executive, with whom she now lives in New York. Some say that his marriage to Carla was another PR exercise, designed to improve his image after the separation.

Carla is not regarded by everyone as an asset. In fact, I conducted a quick poll by email today and discovered that all my female friends appear to dislike her really quite intensely. I think she's a good looking girl myself, but she does come across as a bit of a cow. One friend described her dress at a state dinner this weekend as "hideous". I'd have gone for "innappropraite" myself. She looked all "nipples and eyelashes". Quite wrong for a state dinner. See for yourself. The thing about Carla Bruni however, is that she is glamourous, and Monsieur Sarkozy is most definitely not. This makes them an odd couple. It also means that she always gets far more attention than him when they travel anywhere together. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

There have been a few comments about nipples. Thanks to all of you. The most sensible came from January Girl who reminded me that we are all female in the womb, and that therefore nipples on men may be a result of that. I'd also like to assure Mr Punk that all is well in my trousers after the fuel flap incident.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 am, Anonymous JanuaryGirl said...

They make me SCREAMING mad with that call stuff. We're having the same problem. If it's even a day late than we get phone bombed. I've actually received many a call BEFORE it was due! IE the due date was a Saturday, and they began calling me on FRIDAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home