Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tallulah Gosh

My office is trying to ban recreational web surfing. I can understand it, but I think they're going to start blocking sites, which is going to be a severe pain in my arse. Nothing I can do about it. Well, I suppose I could look for another job. Doesn't seem very sensible though does it.

I went to Devon for the weekend. I'm still alone, so I managed to get out of the house by 9am, drive there in under two hours, and listen to Elmore James and John Lee Hooker on the way. The journey back was just as efficient, but I listened to Tallulah Gosh instead. I found the CD in the cabinet. I'd almost forgotten about Tallulah Gosh. Great band from my student days. I think I'll choose a Tallulah Gosh track when I get invited onto Desert Island Disks.

My great achievement over this weekend was making mother's PC work better. I added an ADSL filter, and removed Norton Security centre, or whatever the hell it's called; result, the thing runs about 100% better. I replaced Norton with Avast, which not only appears to work very well, it's free. Even managed a video call to the boy and the dragon on the other side of the world. They're fine by the way.

I dropped my own PC off with the PC repair man on Saturday. It's been sick for a long time with a hardware fault. I thought it was a video card problem, but it turns out my diagnosis was utterly wrong. It was freezing and not booting up properly for months. Then last week it began failing half way through boot-up every time. Turns out the power supply is knackered. That should have been obvious really shouldn't it. Funny that I managed to dramatically improve one PC this weekend, and completely miss the problem with another. I'm not a techie, I'm an artist dammit. Anyway, it looks like another trip to Devon at the weekend to pick the old PC up.

It's been snowing again this week. It hasn't settled and the forecast is for warmer weather at the end of the week. About bloody time.

The new bedroom in the sky is nearing completion. We now have a window and all the plaster boarding is just about complete. The plasterer is coming at the weekend. I'm quite looking forward to it. There are still no stairs, but the electrics work. There are lights and everything. I'm hoping it will be all done by the time we get back from Taiwan. It will be good to have a spare bedroom. It will be extremely good to be able to put away all the crap we have spread around the house that was previously dumped in the loft.

You know, there is almost nothing interesting to me in the news currently. I did see something about Air France charging fat people for two seats if their arse doesn't fit into a single one. I think it's got to be done. You can't have arses hanging out into the walkways, it's dangerous.

Also there is that YouTube video of the bob-sleigh woman bursting out of her suit, which is obviously quite fun, and vaguely erotic.

All in all however, I can't find much to ridicule in the world of current affairs. So here I will leave it until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home