Wednesday, November 04, 2009

with a fat crayon

I don't know why I've stopped writing here. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. I'll tell you what's been happening since I last wrote:

I've been dying of pig flew or something. We've all had it. The dragon is still suffering with intense snot issues. I'm feeling better now. I went to the supermarket last night to buy cold remedies. I selected three different types but was stopped at the checkout because I had apparently selected enough medication to kill myself. I therefore had to select one itme to leave behind. I did think about walking out to the car and coming back in again to purchase the remaining item, but it seemed like too much effort.

Work has finally started on the attic bedroom. Half the floor reinforcements were in place last night. We are now waiting for the new stairs to arrive. We received a £470 bill from the building inspector to cover his 5 minute visit.

We have visited all the local schools to which the boy may be entitled to a place. Our favourite school is in fact a faith school. I did feel slightly hypocritical about this until I found out that it is completely state funded. I may be a heathen, but I pay huge amounts of tax and I don't feel guilty about allowing my son, who has not yet reached an age when he can make a decision about his faith, to attend the school in question. Incidentally, they don't select intake on a faith basis. The boy starts big school next year. How the hell did that happen?

I've discovered through a You Tube video, posted by My Punk, that he has a pony tail. I find this deeply disturbing.

Who's watching Flash Forward? How did Demitri know where to find the Blue Hand House? And how did Lloyd Simco know where to look for Dylan when he ran off?

I embarrassed myself in the office today. I was trying to sound as if I knew something about football, when actually everything I know about football could be written on a gnat's arse with a fat crayon. I asked a Liverpool supported if Wayne Rooney played for them. Apparently this is about the worst insult you can pay a Liverpool fan. Not only did Wayne Rooney play for the enemy Liverpool club Everton, he then apparently defected to arch rivals Manchester United. Not only that, being a Liverpool supporter is not much fun at the moment, being as they have lost 6 out of the last 7 games. I'd seen Wayne Rooney in the news you see. He's just had a baby. I was sure he played for Liverpool.

OK, the next bit is boring:

The Czech Republic has ratified the Lisbon Treaty. This is significant because it means that everyone has signed it and it can now become law. Her Majesty's opposition were hoping that the treaty wuold not be fully ratified by the time the current government suffers the embarrasssing landslide electoral defeat which is going to happen soome time within the next six months. In fact, Mr. Cameron had promised a referendum if he came to power before ratification.

Cameron is expected to announce today that a referendum would be futile. He is right, you can't unratify the treaty. However, he is going to be accused of renaging on his promise of a referendom. I, like all Euro Skeptics are hoping that Cameron and Hague are going to come out all-guns-blazing today against Eurpoe, but it's unlikely to happen. The problem is that European leaders already hate Cameron and Hague for his Euro stance, and he's scared that being Euro-defiant will isolate Britain more. What should happen is a promise to renegotiate UK's position in Europe with a referendom in 5 years time that will effectively decide whether we stay or leave Europe. That won't happen either. What we'll get is a promise to renegotiate our position and a promise of a referendom on any further treaties or constitutions.

Update

Just as I predicted, Cameron whimped out. Still a better choice than the scum bags currently in power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home