Thursday, February 04, 2010

Tomorrow I fly

So, I'm pretty nearly ready to go. I have my ticket, and the car park is booked. I've packed everything. Actually come to think of it, no point in lying about this, I haven't packed anything. There is a pile of clothes, gifts, shoes, and assorted crap all over the living room and two open suit cases. I've been instructed to bring two but only use one. I think the dragon is intending to bring back huge amounts of cargo. I have made lists of stuff to do, and I'm crossing things off as I attend to them. Isn't that organised.

I'm leaving on the 11.30 flight tomorrow. I hate flights that leave in the morning. You have to get shit ready the night before, and leave early for the airport. Then when you get there you can't justify sitting in the bar waiting for your flight because only alcoholics drink before lunch time. Well I suppose I could argue that it's past lunchtime at my destination, but I'd still feel like a drunk.

I've checked in on line. I've only been issued with a ticket for about 30 minutes, but nearly all the seats are full already. I chose one at the back so that I get lunch first. Also, you never hear of planes reversing into mountains, so I think it's a good place from the safety point of view. What's the point of checking in on line anyway? You don't save any time. You still have to answer the ridiculous questions and have your bags weighed.

The stupid gas man came again today and this time actually had the right part in his van, so the central heating clock now works again. That's good. It means I can leave the house with the heating on low, so the pipes don't freeze, and it doesn't have to be on all the time.

I can't believe Lost series 6 actually starts the very day I leave. I have to find the exact times so I can set the recorder thingy. Yes, I know the entire world has seen episode 1 already. We in the UK have to wait until tomorrow. Recording Lost is on my list. So is the window cleaner. I owe him £5 and if I don't see him tonight he won't get it until I return, obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home