Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pretentious

All the trains were either delayed or cancelled this morning. The 8.29 was even later than usual. In fact, I caught the 8.34 at 8.49, and it still hadn't arrived. It was all down to either a signal failure, or points problem, depending on which story you believe. Actually I don't believe any of them and I think they're all out to get me.

The weather got warm again today, which can only be a good thing, but I am still depressed about the end of summer. It was actually getting dark by the time I arrived home today.

That corrupt bastard Tony Blair is under real fire from just about everywhere this morning I am pleased to say. This afternoon 7 ministers from his own party resigned over the matter of Tony not saying when he will step down. I mentioned at work that I couldn't see what he thought he stood to gain by staying on like this, and one of my colleagues came up with the only possible answer. He's just trying to piss off Gordon Brown.

That idiot Mark McGowan, the most pretentious "artist" in history is launching another stupid stunt in Birmingham. He's going to lie in the street dressed as a soldier for 10 hour stretches. It's almost worth driving up there to kick the knob head. I can't understand why I let this third rate artist who's never had an original thought in his life, annoy me. I think it's the same reason I let BMW drivers annoy me. They think they're special.

If you see this prick in Birmingham, lying onthe floor dressed as a soldier, put the boot in from me.



Princess Kiko, daughter in law of Japanese Emperor Akihito has given birth to a son, and the whole of Japan has heaved a sigh of collective releif. This is because the Japanese royal family has not produced a male heir in over 40 years and they were wondering what the hell they were going to do about an emperor after the curent one and his sons die. Apparently it is absolutely unthinkable that they could have a female head of state. Amazing isn't it that arguably the most advanced country in the world technologically is still living in the dark ages in terms of misogyny and politics based on accidents of birth. Congratulations to you anyway madam.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 am, Blogger Richard said...

The thing that riles me the most about this McGowan variety of art is that its proponents will claim that a negative reaction to the art still validates it, since that means that is has had made an impression and that is the goal of the art.

I try not to think about it as I only get trapped in an iterative loop of rilement.

Sadly I won't be near Birmingham anytime soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home