Monday, April 30, 2007

Le Weekend

I'm writing this on 27 April at work, but I'm guessing that it won't get published until at least Sunday (29th) because I'm going to drive to Devon tonight and I won't get time. This means I am free to tell you about Dumpy's first steps. I've been resisting mentioning this because I wanted to take him to see his grandparents without them knowing he had started walking. I thought the surprise would be a great photo opportunity. They are occasional readers of this page you see, and that's why I didn't mention it. He's actually been walking for about 10 days now and can walk the length of the house from the kitchen, through the dining room, to the front of the living room. We don't live in a mansion, but it's a good way for a 1 year old. This is the first exciting advancement in development for ages.

Somehow, and I really have to take personal responsibility for this, my flash disk managed to get washed with one of my shirts this week. I must have left it in the pocket. I was quite sure it would die, but so far it seems to have survived the experience very well. I've backed everything up in case of future disaster, and I should buy a new one anyway, but I was quite surprised to see it working as usual last night after the ordeal. If you're reading this, it probably means that I've managed to save this entry on it also.

Today's stupid environmental story concerns a musical drama about climate change, inspired by Hurricane Katrina, which will be performed at this year's BBC Proms concerts. I bet that will be riveting.

***

Update on 30 April. Weekend was good. Dumpy did a lot of walking. Even my brother managed to make an appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home