Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lost my thread

I heard the following conversation in the office this morning...

J: I'm having a total mental block. Do you know how to spell "Lager"?
D: Yes, it's L, A, A, A, P, U, Z.
J: I'll just put "beer".

This made me laugh, and I have no idea why J would need the word "Lager" in anything she was working on.

It's cold out today. In fact the frost was so thick it looked like snow on the platform. My train was 20 minutes late and was announced to be arriving on both platform 3 and platform 1. It amazes me that anyone ever gets to work in this country. However, just 3 more days and the holiday season officially begins.

I had a better sleep last night, but Dumpy still got me up at 2.30am and 5.30am. His teeth hurt I think. My head aches. I think it's because it's warm inside and cold outside. I feel stuffy. I've just walked round the carpark to clear my head. The cobwebs are still frozen on the trees. It's really quite Christmassy.

The Dragon, who is a trained artist, tells me she could teach me to draw, based on the following sketch which I left in the fridge for her. I have to admit, I was fairly pleased with it. Of course, she could be just playing with me.



I was going to write more than this but the computer asked me if I wanted to upgrade my media player, and then restarted, then upgraded my flash player, and finally upgraded the Firefox browser, which took ages. So I lost my thread completely.

On the way home I got stuck in a train that was 20 minutes late and full of people who had got on it because the previous train was cancelled. I hate the train. This morning my train was late, which meant I ran to catch it for nothing.

It was trying to snow when I left Didcot today.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home