Monday, December 04, 2006

Dumplings

Ah, Monday and I don't have to go to work. Isn't life fabulous?

Today I actually got around to wiring in the washing machine properly and there are no trailing cables any more. I also cleared the drain of leaves, which means the water can drain away as well. I know these things don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but it's good to get them done. I've also found some spacers to put behind the new CD cabinet so that it stands upright when screwed to the wall.

One thing about being back in England that I regret is that I don't get great Taiwanese food anymore. It's difficult to recreate some things here because the ingredients are hard to get. I can report however that we have perfected boiled dumplings. We had our first test run at the weekend.





Tomorrow we go to Cribbs Causway in Bristol to build a teddy bear at the Teddy Bear Factory. I'll bring you pictures of this tomorrow if possible.

We are planning to take Dumpy to Taiwan in the new year to meet his Taiwanese family. This means that he has to have a passport. It's ridiculous, but he has to have a photo. This passport will last five years, he's 8 months now. This photo will be almost useless inside 6 months I should think. However, there are strict rules about passport photos, and very few consessions are made for babies that can't even sit up reliably.

I decided to have a bash at taking and printing a photo myself. The paperwork that came with the passport application form says that home made photos are unlikely to be acceptable. I felt it would be easier than using a booth however.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 am, Blogger Richard said...

Splendid photo.

I might like to come by for some of those dumplings next March...book me in!

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger Seasons Dumpling said...

Firstly we would like to thank you before commenting your marvellous and very useful blog. Try Taiwanese cuisine, coffee and other refreshing beverages in Jacksonville at seasonsdumpling.com. Visit us on dumpling restaurant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home