Monday, November 13, 2006

Elton is a prick

Very little time again tonight. When you become a parent, you suddenly realise just how demanding it is. They suck every resource you have, money, time, energy. I wouldn't change it, I love being a father, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss those days sometimes when I could just come home from work and do nothing for an hour or two.

We've got to a stage now where he seems to be closer to his mother than me. It's upsetting when I pick him up and he screams, and she picks him up and he drifts off to sleep. I try not to take it personally. She spends much more time with him and it's bound to happen. I still have my own personal triumphs. I am, and always have been, in charge of bath time. Mother has never been good at it.

***

I heard today from friend Lyn that the local police are looking for 4 men involved in a sexual assault that happened exactly where I was mugged on Sept 11. Lovely town I live in eh? It's probably only a very small minority of louts that do this kind of thing. It doesn't take much scum to make a place dirty. Last week I was walking home through the centre of the town shopping area. It was around 7pm, dark, and I was on my own, when some thug leaped out into my path and screamed, "You're a F-ing weirdo" in my face. I thought he was going to hit me, but he just ran off with his idiot mate.

Ironic isn't it that a person who leaps out in front of complete strangers and screams obscenities at them, considers me to be a "weirdo".

Prize idiot Elton John has said that he thinks all organised religion should be banned because they are nasty to gay people. He really said that, honestly, he really did! I've always loathed Elton, but comments that stupid, words fail me, just unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home