Monday, May 15, 2006

Money making idea

Today's interesting fact - before 1992, copper coins in Britain were made of solid copper. Currently they are made of copper plated steel. The price of copper today means that the scrap value of 1p and 2p coins produced before 1992 is twice the face value of the coin. So, in theory you could buy up pre 1992 coins at face value, melt them down, and sell them at a profit for scrap. The royal mint is not saying how many pre 1992 coins there are in circulation.

I really like the new Dr. Who dramas. I grew up with the old Dr. Who, and I enjoyed it, but there is no getting away from the fact that the monsters all looked like men in scuba diving suits or men in painted cardboard boxes. Also, the sets did tend to wobble when the doors slammed. The new Cybermen however are really quite chilling. They have art deco faces with a little tear in each eye. I have to admit, after watching the first of the new Dr. Who episodes, I was left disapointed. It was the one where all the plastic came to life in London. There were shop dummies running around. It wasn't very good. But recently I've seen one episode set on board a spaceship with clockwork robots, and the first half of the cybermen story. You should watch them, they're really good.

I know this sounds really cheap, but at the recycling centre yesterday I found an old cot. It's clean, but two of the legs are missing. So I nicked it and I'm going to make legs for it. It's not quite chopping down a tree and making a crib, but it's close I feel. The dragon is intending to paint it and do it up. I'll buy a new matress for it, and we'll have a cot. It's silly realy because it's only a cheap IKEA product and we could get a new one for £25; it's the challenge however. I'm looking forward to it. So it's off to the Homebase store on the way home tonight.

My agency owe me literally thousands due to a cock up in payment methods. I haven't been payed in almost 6 weeks. I'm fed up with it. They say I'm getting payed tomorrow, but I'm downing tools if I don't. That could actually backfire on me given the fact that I'm doing very little here anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home