Wednesday, March 16, 2005

No, she didn't whine

I just got an anonymous comment on the DongXi version of this journal. That's good, we like comments. But please don't leave any unkind comments because I've just realised that I don't know how to delete them from there. I should work that out really shouldn't I. And no, Norah most certainly didn't whine. In fact, I'd say she rocked.

Today I woke up to discover sunlight streaming through the windows. Now that's something I havent' seen for a while. I'm actually typing this at lunchtime in the office and I can see that the sun is still shining. Spring at last.

Got mail from Andy yesterday. He sent advice on what we have to do to get our marriage recognised by Taiwan auhorities. Sounds like it's about as easy as pulling one's foreskin over one's head to keep one's ears warm. The dragon has also been to the family register place here to ask what they want. They appear to have upset her and she shouted at them. This is good. I hate bad service and I don't like to see people putting up with it. Has anyone noticed by the way that there are now three entries in the Dragon's journal. The last one she must have done all by herself I think. Click. You have to speak Chinese.

I think I have all the bugs worked out of the website now and I'm free to work on some new stuff. I'm getting quite into it. We are now known to Yahoo it seems.

I notice that the Catholic church has suddenly become very defensive about the Da Vinci Code and the "lies" within. The fact that they are making such a fuss would seem to me to be significant. I am not sure I read anything in The Da Vinci Code that I haven't heard put forward as a theory elsewhere. I'm quite sure that I've heard that Christ married Mary Magdelane for instance. I was also aware that the gospels we see today didn't appear for several hundred years after the supposed death of Christ. I don't think anyone would argue that that the church has demonised sex and women for centuries. So what exactly are the lies here? I'm hearing a lot of people bleating, but I can't hear what they're saying.

It's interesting to note that the author claims to be a Christian. It's also worth noting that it's not well written and has the worst ending in history. The most ironic thing about this whole argument though is that the Christians are claiming that this book is evil because it's full of lies. Whereas we all know that the bible is absolutely accurate when it puts the age of the earth at 6,000 years, tells us that very kind of animal on earth was put onto a single boat by Noah, and that evolution is all wrong.

I hate the book, but sorry, I love that it's upset the church.

Church fights Da Vinci Code novel
The Da Vinci Code Row.

I've been writing subtitles today for a promotional video for a Scientology training school. I already thought Scientologists were mad, but after subjecting myself to this particular work, I have come to the conclusion that all Scientologists are actually taking illegal mind altering substances. My favourite quote from the video:

"Delivered in an exact sequence L11, L10, and then L12, they unleash potentials not seen in this sector of the galaxy for a very long time."

This line was delivered by a middle aged man in an immaculately tailoired, bright green suit. Beyond scary ladies and gentlemen.

The Ponce of Wales has attended a state banquet without Ms Parker-Bowels. It's looking more and more like her Majasty really doesn't approve of her son's choice of partner. The palace has once again been quick to deny that this was any kind of snub, but one would think that the palace would stop doing things like this if they really wanted to end the speculation. As the BBC pointed out, Diana Spencer was welcomed to a similar banquet 1 month ahead of her marraige to big ears in 1981.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home