Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Dragons are lucky

She was good you know. In fact she was really good. It was one of those relaxed concerts. There appeared to be no real play order. You could see them deciding what to play next as they went along. And there were some realy heavy, rocky numbers thrown in. I really wasn't expecting that. The dragon surprised me. I knew she liked the romantic ballads, but she really went for the heavy stuff too.

As is usual for a Taiwanse event like this, only half the audiance were seated by the time the show started, despite the fact that it kicked off late. It always amazes me that Taiwanese are willing to pay for tickets and then arrive anytime throughout the first half. Cell phones going off are also a comon feature of films, concerts, plays etc. I am happy to say that last night I heard none however.

I managed to get a few pictures and even a little video. I was probably not supposed to video, but no-one stopped me and it's not going to be for commercial use. My conscience is pretty clear. Here are some pictures:





I realise Abby that "Dragon" could be regarded as derogatory, but the irony of the fact that it's a lucky symbol out here in the Orient is amusing to me. My wife was actually born in a dragon year and she's very proud of it. She never tires of telling people about it. The Taiwanese are a supersticious lot and dragon people are considered very fortunate. Dragon people are often invited to new homes to bring luck. A dragon at one's wedding is also considered auspicious. Tiger people on the other hand are considered unlucky and are often not invited to weddings. I think that's a bit hard myself. I'm a sheep. I hate being a sheep. Sheep are stupid animals that follow each other aimlessly and walk into walls. But sheep are considered to be kind and gentle. Chicken people never stop talking and monkeys are hyperactive.

In the MJ trial it would appear that the accuser has now admitted that he told a teacher that accusations of molestation were false. I woudl say the defence were doing a very good job of making the star witness look unreliable.

I've just read that Apple has won the right to examine bloggers' e-mails to acertain who told them about corporate secrets that appeared in the blogs they wrote. This bothers me. I'm assuming none of these bloggers are actually employed by Apple. They therefore simply published something that someone told them, which may, or may not, have been an industrial secret. These bloggers cannot have made any agreement with Apple about what they can and can't say. What they said was not endangering anyone in any way as far as I can see. In fact, I would say that, if Appale can't keep its own bloody staff under control, that's an internal problem.

Have these bloggers done anything illegal? I can't see that they have. Yet they are having their privacy invaded by a huge company that is getting a lot of free publicity out of the issue. They should be ashamed of themselves. I was thinking of buying an iPOD. I've gone off the idea now.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So she didn't whine, huh? :)
Interesting diary, btw.
S

 
At 5:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chickens are endless talkers, huh... that's a bit scary. I'm year of the Rooster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home