Thursday, March 10, 2005

Spell Checker

Well the Dragon managed to secure us some Norah Jones tickets. They weren't cheap, but they're good seats and word on the street is that the concert is worth seeing as they have capped admission to 6,000 people, and the emphasis is on audio quality. Look out for a report and pictures next week. Some surprise was expressed in this office when I mentioned my fondness for Norah Jones. Sumedha claims that most men "think she whines" and James claimed her music was borring, though he has no doubt that she is a talented musician. I wouldn't say she whines at all. I think she has a "follow me home and shag me" voice. I can understand the James argument. She's not borring to me, but she's not contempory in style.

By the way James. I listened to the Cake version of "I will survive" last night and it didn't really reach me. I do like the "Short Skirt" one though. I have to say that the Cake version of "I will survive" owes much to the House of the Dragon version with J on vocals. They are obviously attempting to emulate your style there. You might want to think about legal action.

The BBC are currently running a study about gender difefrences in brains, and I contributed yesterday. There is an on-line survey thing. It takes hours, but it's quite interesting and you don't have to complete it all at once. It investigates your style of thinking and places you on a male/female scale. I'm slightly worried because I am right in the very middle between male and female as far as my brain goes. It did tell me though that I scored high in the engineering and spacial awareness sections, which makes me more typically male. If you want to give it a try, Click...

I ran yesyterday's entry through the spell checker and there was one spelling mistake and one typo. I think the spelling mistake was a typo too but I can't be sure.

I have to write a user manual for a Motherboard in InDesign. I'm not really a big fan of InDesign, but that could be just because I'm not an experienced pilot. It's definitely the wrong tool for the job however. InDesign is not good at handling large amounts of text, nor is it good at tables. I also have a disk array to write up, but that is in FrameMaker and we love FrameMaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home