Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus

I think I misled people yesterday. I was not suggesting that George Michael or other celebs were not charged with possession of drugs because they were famous. I don't think any drug laws are really being enforced in Britain now. That's why I have to walk my son through clouds of acrid smoke every time I take him through the town entre. Maybe it's time for another letter to my local MP.

I have moved to a new desk at work. I now sit opposite two maths PhDs. It's a bit intense. Today it was recommended that I read Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, by Ludwig Wittgenstein. Wittgenstein was a contemporary of Hitler. They studied together in Austria. The afterlife was also discussed, and politics.

Gordon B is making his speech today amid speculation about what David Milliband actually meant when he made his speech yesterday, and what he may, or may not, have said afterwards.

Gordon is trying to be the nice guy currently. Yesterday he announced that he wanted to see free nursery places for all two-year-olds. Sounds nice doesn't it? No - actually I want a lower tax burdon and pay for a nursery place myself if I so chose.

I'm most surprised that J K Rowling decided to donate £1 million to the Labour party. I can't decide whether she is surprised at the criticism it has provoked, or whether she did it knowing that she would be criticised. Her argument is that the current government is going to help single mothers more than the Conservative party would. The question has to be asked however, why didn't she donate the money to a charity supporting single mothers, rather than a government that will use it to pay back part of the £20 million they have in debts? It doesn't appear to me to be a very bright move. She is very good friends with the wife of the PM however, which could well be a factor.

Why is David Blaine hanging upside down? His stunts are becoming less spectacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home