Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bounce

In my last post I suggested that Gordon Brown was hoping to gain popularity in the wake of the success of the British Olympic team. I'd now like to point out that the BBC political correspondent Ben Wright has come to the same conclusion, though several days later. I should sue.

I want to mention that on Saturday I bought a slow cooker. It cost £20. I've been turning over the possibility of purchasing such a device for some time, ever since I saw Nigella Lawson do lamb shanks in one in fact. The problem is, we don't have any more cupboard space for a slow cooker you see. Anyway. I saw it in Tesco for £20, and threw caution to the wind. Bought a couple of shoulder shanks while I was at it. The result was the most amazing, melt in the mouth, fall off the bone, lamb shanks in red wine stock that you can possibly imagine. The picture doesn't do it justice, really, trust me on this.



We went to the seaside today. It's a really easy drive down to Bournemouth, so we went. Sister in law Mei was supposed to arrive today, but she's been delayed, so we have some free time on our hands. It wasn't the best weather, but we had fun. And the boy enjoyed splashing around in the surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home