Monday, September 18, 2006

Genius

This weekend I fixed our electrics problem. I don't know why I was worried, I am a complete genius. I replaced the entire fuse box in 75 minutes. I bought a new one from Wick's. It was £55. I thought that was OK. It includes 4 circuit breakers. There was a loose connection in the old box causing the problem. It wasn't correctable however because the thing had got so hot that one of the terminal screws had actually welded itself in place. I probably could have patched it together, but it was old and clucnky anyway. So, if there is no entry tomorrow, the house may have burnt down.



We went looking for a new mattress on Staurday. Those things are expensive. The dragon found only one that she liked, but unfortunately it could only be purchased with a bed. There were several others that almost made the grade, but we're still looking for the perfect feel.

The fact that I managed to fix the electric problem so fast meant that we still had time to play yesterday and we went to Cirencester. I'd never been to the church there, but we did step inside yesterday. I had no idea it was so old. Some of it dates back to 12th Century. There is a font there from that sort of period, with a lead stopper. That can't be good for babies can it?

We also went walking on the Bathurst estate grounds near the church and picked up a few conkers. Is conkers an exclusively British game? Do Americam school children play? It's probably banned at chools now in case the little darlings hurttheir fingers or strangle themslevs with the string.



The only thing I can find of even the remotest interest in the news today is the discovery of the body of a young woman in Swindon. I hope it's no one I know.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is conkers? Perhaps its known by a different name here in the states?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home