Friday, July 18, 2008

FFF Friday!

I wrote one line yesterday, and then gave up. I can't remember what it was about It can't have been very important.

So, it's Friday again. The weekend officially starts in about three hours. I think the generally accepted point at which the weekend commences is 5pm on Friday. That's the point at which one can leave work and head for the pub, if one doesn't have a wife and child of course.

I have another list of things that require my attention this weekend, mostly to do with fixing up the bathroom. I want to replace the bath, which is frankly foul, but the Dragon says it's not worth it since it still works perfectly well. She is right, but I still want to do it.

My brother has apparently given up smoking. I don't think he reads this page, so there is no point in congratulating him. That said, I quite often write messages to the Prime Minister and the Home Secretary here. I have serious doubts as to whether they have ever been anywhere near this page either. Anyway, I hope the little monkey manages to kick the habit this time. He really should have grown out of such things at his age.

Friend Dave is intending to migrate to Canada next month. His house is sold, subject to contract, and a little BBQ type party thing was to be held at his gaff on 9th Aug. However, Dave won't let us go there in case we mess the place up. I don't know what the problem is if it's already sold.

I've made a bet with friend Dickie that he can't tell the difference between free-range, organic eggs, and cheap battery farmed supermarket eggs by taste alone, when scrambled. He changed the damn rules actually. It was originally going to be boiled eggs, and it was to be a £200 wager. Now it's scrambled and a gentleman's wager - poof! I'm interested in this actually. I'll bring you more news as it becomes available. It was to be held at Dave's gaff on the day of the BBQ, but since it isn't happening now, I don't know how we will do it. I'm going to pursue this though.

The boy has now spent two afternoons with his best buddy who has chicken pox, but has not yet shown any signs of the condition himself. I realise that people with the pox are infectious for only a maximum of 5 days after the spots appear, but he would have been inside that time-scale and I think he was playing with him about 3 days before the spots appeared. I want him to get it so it won't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home