Monday, July 28, 2008

14,975 sunrises

I've been 41 times around the sun. That would be a distance of 23,957,785,576 miles (call it 24 billion). The earth has revolved on it's own axis 14,975 times. The moon has orbited the earth 507 times (that doesn't seem enough does it). In that time there have been seven different British Prime ministers, four popes, six successful manned moon landings, and the global population has risen by slightly over 3 billion.

I have witnessed the invention of the hand-held calculator, the microprocessor, the mobile phone, the first video game, the ATM, the walkman, the IBM PC, MS Dos and Windows, and apparently the food processor. I can't believe I pre-date food processors by four years. And the odd thing is, I don't feel as old now, as I did the day after my 40th birthday.

We did the garden barbecue thing yesterday lunch time. It was good. We bought two of those disposable type barbecues. You just light the blue touch paper and stand back until the flames die down. I didn't really expect it to work so well, but they got hot very quickly and lasted for hours. We cooked chicken wings, prawns, vegetable things. It was most delicious.

The boy enjoyed himself as much as he could over the weekend. He is now covered in the pox, but he was pleased to see his grandma. He's walking around on tiptoe because he has spots on the bottom of his feet. He's not too downhearted though. And he still has an appetite, which can only be a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home