Friday, July 28, 2006

teeth

I've booked myself and the dragon an appointment with the dentist on 9 August. This will be my first dentist visit in some years. The dragon has some problems she wants sorted out and, because our baby is less than 1 year old, she gets free treatment, so it seemed like a good idea to get it done. She's scared however.

I got a call back about a job today and I interview in Abingdon next week. I'm not sure how interesting the job is. It might be very good, and I think the salary is high, which is nice of course.

We strolled into town today to get presents for Dragon's father. It's his birthday and Taiwanese fathers' day very soon. We encountered a gang of enterprising children en route selling lemonade to passers by at 20p a cup. We bought 2 cups.



We weighed the little guy today and he is just a shade under 6 kg now. He is almost ready to start eating solid food. Most of the literature here seems to suggets that solid food should not be started until 6 months. I also read that solid food must be given no later than 6 months. So that means you should give solid food at exactly 6 months I guess. Ironically, every bit of literature I've read also tells me that all babies are different and they will tell you when they need solid food. Our little man is just over 4 months, and that seems to be when most Taiwanese parents start. I feel this stage may become something of a minefield.

Friend Dave and his family are visiting on Sunday and I rather rashly said we'd do dinner. It might be fun. Look out for pictures.

OK, that's all for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home