Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Waste down

The bloody catalytic converter on my car has disintegrated. It's in the shop. I thought it was a blown head gasket. It was lucky it died when it did, right outside my parents' place. It's still under warranty and it was possible to limp back to the garage. So I have a courtesy car today. I don't like it very much and the tyre was flat yesterday, so I had to pump that up.

Ruth's birthday was quite good. We went to the Japanese style restaurant and ate Japanese food. The Dragon was more than impressed and they even have a Japanese grpcery store there so we can get supplies. It's Chinese New Year by the way. We got parcels from Taiwan and the Dragon spoke to her family. Isn't Skype wonderful?

I'm at work but the Dragon is going for a check up at the doctor today. She just called me in fact and you'll all be pleased to know that everything is fine with Herbert. Has anyone noticed that the dragon has started writing in her diary again by the way? It's no good looking unless you speak Chinese though. She types that quicker than English. Oh, and she wants a food processor thingy for her birthday, so that makes it easy for me. I think she may have to wait until the weekend to actually get it however.

The power went off at work this morning. It was off for quite a long time in fact. I think one of the workman outside must have put his spade through a cable.

You know, every day I come to work here and I have to cross over the Severn Bridge. It's a toll bridge and there are little people standing in booths collecting money. How do those people get there? There's nowhere to park and you can't walk there? You can only see these people from the waste up and I got to thinking, maybe they're naked from the waste down. I think I'd collect money naked from the waste down. I might get some kind of periscope so I can check. The window on the courtesy car doesn't go down properly and I have to open the door anyway. Maybe tomorrow I'll leap out and just look.

Sir Ian Blair, Met Cheif of police is already in trouble for tactless remarks last week about a child murder case. This week he is in trouble over the accidental shooting of a man on the London tube after the July bombings. An alleged leak reported by the News of the World newspaper, would seem to indicate that evidence was tampered with. The case is currently being investigated. If this turns out to be true, it would spell very bad news indeed for Ian Blair. The Telegraph today is suggesting that police logs were doctored to conceal the fact that the victim was wrongly identified.

3 Comments:

At 2:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL@Severn Bridge money collectors! I believe they can be delivered to their booths by some company vehicle or such. and I think, the only thing they might collect from being naked from the waste down, would be icicles in such a freezing weather now ;-) although, I would like to know where do they go for their tea breaks and most importantly, loo-breaks...hmmm... now - look what you've done: you made me think about it too! :-)

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Richard said...

The people working at tool boothes are something of a mystery to me also. There is a toll road North of here, and the people working in the booths there are always unnaturally happy (not that I would deny them their happiness but come on, spending your day in a 2' by 2' cell with only cars for company!?)...

 
At 2:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps they have no bottom halves. Perhaps they live in those little booths. Perhaps they were given the choice between that and the carnival life and stay in the booths with little cots and microwaves. I think that might be the case. Indeed.
Janny Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home