Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Which end is the head?

There was no update yesterday as we spent much of the morning at the baby hospital. And they even gave us a picture of the baby goblin:



I realise that not everyone is likely to be as excited about this as I am. I am however officially excited. After seeing the little thing in the right place and hearing his/her heartbeat, a small weight lifted from my mind. I was worried that something could be wrong, but I feel better now. Of course there is still a long way to go and we are officially still in the risky period, but I want to spread my good news around anyway. I don't think they usually do scans this early in UK. I think they should. It was an experience. I'm probably going to be a bore about this for some time.

The Jean Charles de Menezes case continues to grab headlines today and the current question is, what happened to the CCTV footage. Today's papers are suggesting that staff at the station insist that the cameras were working, but it seems as though police may have told investigators that footage as not available. This is looking more and more like a cover up every minute.

I think I could forgive the police for shooting de Menezes, given the circumstances. I'm finding it very difficult however to justify the actions of the police after the incident. I cannot see any reason why the police didn't correct the orignal version of events after they were shown to be worng, unless they were attempting to cover something up. I'm also finding it very difficult to believe that no CCTV footage exists.

Nothig else to report today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home