Saturday, August 20, 2005

Paper

The phone rang this morning at 4.20. This is not normally a good omen. People who's name begins with A are cursed by the modern fascination with cell phones. This is becuause our names appear at the top of everyone's phonebook list and, although people further down the average phonebook list don't realise this, we get called regularly by people sitting on their phone, dropping their phone, putting their phone in their pocket or bag etc. My immediate thought when I heard the phone this morning was that someone was sitting on their cellphone.

I am something of an insomniac and I wasn't asleep. I did have some trouble locating the phone in the dark however, and when I eventually put my hand upon it, the caller had of course given up. Checking the call log I ascertained that the mystery caller was James and went back to bed. This morning at 7.00 I awoke wracked with guilt. Was he locked out, dying somewhere in the gutter, in desperate need of my help? So I called him. He was asleep. Didn't even know he'd called me. Well, at least I woke him up.

Tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary. I think we will go to the Brown Sugar place I mentioned in the last post. I put it to her and she seems keen. She also wants to see Bewitched. Sadly I am actually old enough to remember the original TV show. I have no great expectations of the movie, but we shall see. Didn't the original have Larry Hagman in it?

I have wasted huge amounts of today try to create a pdf from a pagemaker publication. It's not friendly. I wouldn't mind so much if it was consistantly falling over in the same place, but it likes to surprise you and collapse somewhere different each time you try. I also wasted a smalelr amount of time making origami animals for my paper wedding anniversary. Paper - origami, appropirate you see.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry mate. The whole situation was embarrassing and most regrettable. Thanks for the tipoff about the dinner though.

I'd like to say I won't do it again, but I just can't make those sort of promises.

 
At 11:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be pleased to know that I've since added the number of one Aaron to my phone, so you're a little safer now. Congrats on your anniversary, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home