Monday, August 22, 2005

Bewitched is garbage

We didn't make it to the Brown Sugar Jazz Club this weekend because it was fully booked. We changed our plans and went to a Japanese place instead and it was good. You pay one price and eat as much as you can, drinks included. We stuffed ourselves with sushi, baked fish, shrimp, teppenyaki chicken, fruit, ice-cream, coffee, and generally much more than is good for a person. It poured with rain outside, but it didn't matter. It was a great way to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

We also went to see Bewitched. It wasn't good. The plot was all over the place. I wouldn't say it was awful, but I wouldn't recommend anyone forking out the ticket price for it. Even Nicole Kidman didn't really rescue it. Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine were quite fun, but they had very light roles. I really didn't understand where Uncle Arthur came from. I don't understand why Nicole took the role, surely she could do just about anything she wanted now. Anyway, I give it a 5/10. Save your money and watch something else.

We made a lot of pork dumplings yesterday. Actually, no point in lying about this, I didn't make the pork inside bit and we bought the outside bit. I just put them together. We made lots...


The porky inside bit...


The wrapped-up (by me) article...


We ate more than we could eat.

Met Chief of Police, Sir Ian Blair is in a tricky position and there have been calls for his resignation. He's in this position because it has emerged that the facts surrounding the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes by police offices, seem to differ hugely from the version of events Blair himself released. I can't see how this happened. I can see that the initial statement may have been inaccurate through no fault of his own, so why doesn't he just say, "sorry I wasn't in posession of all the facts", and make amends? Instead he's claiming he didn't lie, which is true. He did however apparently allow the perpetuation of a version of events which he must have known to be false.

Tomorrow I have taken the morning off and we are to visit the hospital. I am not entirely sure what is to happen but I think we will have a scan. I don't think there is much to see at 8 weeks, but I still hope that we have a picture to show everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home