Thursday, August 25, 2005

Burp!

I just ate grilled eel for lunch. I suppose it was extravagant, but I thought it was nice, and it's Thursady which means I will probably eat at the office tonight and it will be junk food, so I feel it's excusable. There was a lot and I had to work hard to finish it however.



There seems to be a lot in the media currently about longer opening hours for pubs. The police are moaning because they say that it will increase alcohol related time. I can't see this myself. Currently all the pubs shut at 11 and all the drunks spill onto the street at that time. Will there be more drunks because the pubs stay open longer? One school of thought suggests that much of the alcohol crime problem is actually caused when all the drunks hit the street together. This idea has some merit in my mind. I would also point at all the other countries inthe world that have less restricted opening hours and less alcohol related crime. The problem is obviously more complex than I have made it, but I really can't see any strong evidence to suggest that crime will increase as a result.

I just read that now 65% of Americans are officially overweight. That ladies and gentlemen is outrageous. I think this could be affecting the environment you know. All that weight concentrated on one side of the planet could knock us out of orbit and cause untold damage to the climate. Click.

I've spent all afternoon writing these last two paragraphs. And in case you don't believe me, I just ate spicy chicken for dinner. Here it is...

1 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, Blogger Richard said...

Is there a significance behind the different-colours chopsticks for luncheon and dinner?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home