Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back to work

Well, sadly we have to return to work today. Everything is back to nearly normal. A certain amount of debris is lying about, but I managed my juorney into work with no real problem. I read that we actually experienced storm force 12 winds in places. I'm sure I didn't see anything that strong though.

The new Spencer Tunick installation has taken place int he North of England. I so wanted to be a part of it, but I was just ont he wrong side of the world. Who knows, maybe they'll be another installation some time soon, closer to me. There is an interesting report here. It seems to me that this form of art is far more about the participation element than the finished picture. I once heard Tunick's work dismissed as "transient". If by that the critic meant that the congregation of naked people lasted only a matter of hours, I would have to agree, though I can't see why that is a negative thing.

There seems to be a lot of sympathy around for Roman Polanski today. For those who don't know, Polanski is currently attempting to sue a magazine over an article which claimed he was exploiting his murdered wife's name. He may or may not have a point. He is however, a convicted paedophile and a fugative, how does he manage to gain so much positive coverage? Seems like a perfectly vile man to me, read the Wikipedia entry here. And here is the BBC report about the ongoing libel action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home