Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I hate caravans and hijackers

No one could accuse me of arrogance, as you know, but did you notice that the last two entries both contained accurate predictions? The Crewe and Nantwich by-election, and now the Eurovision song contest. I have to admit, I didn't pick the winner of the song contest, merely that Britain would finish in the bottom three. Actually, I couldn't have been more accurate. There were three songs tied for last place, and Britain was one of them. It was a truly awful song, though by Eurovision standards, it really wasn't that bad. I'm giving Sylvia Brown a run for her money anyway.

We made it to Devon at the weekend. The weather was pretty good on Saturday, but really foul on Sunday and Monday. The traffic was also dreadful on Saturday and it took us over three hours to get there in the end. It usually takes about two. The roads were full of caravans. We came off the M5 because it was like a car park, and used the A38. I just hope the caravans all got washed away in the rain. I think Gordon Brown could sole his car tax issue just by freezing car tax for all cars and lorries, and raising it about 200% on caravans.

There are apparently protests going on today over escalating fuel costs. The price of petrol and diesel is ridiculous at the moment. And new road tax schemes are set to make things worse for the motorist very shortly. Although, it does seem as though the government is about to back down over road tax. Gordon must be regretting taking the job by now.

Oh, and to anyone that received odd messages from me on MSN today, sorry. My account got hijacked. I'm really not a spammer. I changed my password.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home