Monday, March 31, 2008

What a balls up

Today I notice the BBC website, which has completely changed appearance incidentally, leads with a story about the Duke of Edinburgh. Apparently the Duke, "did not order Diana death". Well if Phil the Greek says he didn't do it, that's good enough for me. Honestly, is this really headline news? Did anyone expect the Diana inquest to incriminate the royal family? I suppose I should be grateful that at least the British press has stopped going on about Carla Bloody Bruni. My God I'm sick of reading about what underwear she prefers, and the colour of her bleeding handbag. Does anyone care?

British summer time is upon us once again. I hate the hour change. I like the light evenings, and the fact that it is now officially Spring. I just hate buggering about changing clocks. I'm pleased to say my awesome Casio Wave Cepter wrist watch has coped with the change without human interaction. It speaks to the Rugby time signal, so it knows when the hour changes by magic. I also managed to set it up so the Taiwan time zone didn't change. They're not mad like us. They don't feel the need to confuse everyone twice a year with hour changes. I resisted the urge to stay up until 2 am to see my watch alter itself, but it was right in the morning. It's also solar powered. I never have to do anything to it. It just carries on telling exactly the right time. It's something very dependable in my life.

Dumpy the Dwarf is developing a new habit of insisting certain people do certain things. For instance, usually I have to get him out of his car seat and Mummy has to fix his high chair tray on. It's actually becoming a real pain in the arse and we're attempting to change it before it becomes a full-blown obsessive complusive disorder. I have no idea whether this is a common thing in two year olds, or whether we just have an obstinate child.

I suppose I should mention something about Heathrow Terminal 5. My God, what a balls up. Current estimates for the number of bags piled up waiting to be reunited with their owners is 28,000. That's going to take weeks to sort out. Someone must have known that there would be a problem. People are being given the choice of flying without bags, or not flying. How can you possibly fly without luggage? I won't be using BA any time soon.

I hate this damn tennis game.