Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dead cow through swamp

I'm typing this in the office at lunch time. A nearby colleague with some of the most disgusting eating habits I have ever seen, is making noises like a dead cow being dragged through a swamp. I mean, seriously, he's only eating a piece of cucumber. How can you make your colleagues feel ill eating a piece of cucumber?

I didn't get around to writing anything yesterday. I did however read more about building a PIC controller burglar alarm. It's a project from this month's Everyday Practical Electronics magazine. I used to read this magazine when it was still called Everyday Electronics, about 20 years ago. I got sort of fed up with it and moved on to other things, but I could get back into it I think. I'm considering building the burglar alarm anyway.

I'm about seven chapters into The Kite Runner now. It's really not my type of book, but I am enjoying it, and it is beautifully written. One should stray from the comfort zone from time to time.

Currently the French President is in Britain. I find it astounding that the British press appear to be fixated only on Sarkozy's wife however. She's a good looking woman of course, but she's really not important. Do her legs really sell papers? One supposes they must, since they appear on the majority of front pages this morning, even the broadsheets. A picture of her nude appeared in one of the tabloids yesterday. When did politics suddenly turn celebrity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home