Monday, June 11, 2007

Packed Weekend

This weekend we went to the Wilton Windmill open day. It was good, but we didn't have very much time there because we had to go and pick up friend Andy from the train station. Andy is visiting from Taiwan. I thought the windmill would be actually going round, but sadly it wasn't. There was a lot of activity however. We ate traditional handmade ice cream and I bought some special coffee.

Yesterday we went to a steam rally fair thing with friend Andy. That was fun. There was a vintage car show, loads of steam engines, a market. Oh loads of stuff. very strong sunshine, my nose is a bit red.

I also managed to find time to pay for our new kitchen which will arrive in pieces on 24 July. I'm slightly terrified about putting it in, but it should be fun. I decided I wasn't going to pay £2500 for fitting.

I told you John Prescott had more than a chest infection. Apparently he left hospital this morning and he had been suffering from pneumonia. I still think it came on a bit suddenly. At least someone is running the country now. What would we have done if aliens landed last week and said, "take me to your leader"?

It emerged today that one of the country's most senior judges, Lord Justice Stephen Richards, who is a Court of Appeal Judge, exposed himself twice to the same woman on different occasions on a south London train. Seems most odd to me that someone in his position would do something like this. I put it in the same category as George Michael doing his gay thing with a policeman in that public lavatory. He's obviously an intelligent, educated man (Lord Richards, not George Micheal didn't he realise he was going to get caught? Anyway, he's pretty much crapped in his own nest as far as his £200,000 a year job is concerned. Well, I suppose he might not be guilty, but it looks fairly cut and dried to me.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if it looked fairly cut and dried to her too....... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home